Reverted "Hide the rulers in Writer by default for a cleaner look"

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Nov 20 02:53:02 PST 2012

Hi Samuel,

Terribly sorry for that - but the Design team consensus (as discussed on
the ESC meeting) was not to hide the rulers by default, so I have
reverted the change:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7407673dee25cd76ff4196179c5a0062b081659f

I am sorry, but I have no creative solution here - either it is on, or
it is off... ;-)  But would be great to see you working with the
Design/UX guys closely, I am sure there are many other areas that need
improvements and are not controversial?

Thank you for all your patches you've sent so far! - I loved your
Wordcount dialog improvements, eg.

All the best,
Kendy