fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Thu Nov 22 04:46:43 PST 2012

Quoting Mat M <matm at gmx.fr>:

> Le Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:33:20 +0100, <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> a écrit:
>
>> Quoting Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>:
>>>
>>> Further clean-up of all the Mozilla-related configure switches
>>> (--enable-mozilla, --disable-build-mozilla,
>>> --with-mozilla-toolkit, --with-system-mozilla,
>>> --with-mozilla-build) and config_host.mk.in variables
>>> (BUILD_MOZAB, DEFAULT_MOZILLA_TOOLKIT, MOZILLABUILD,
>>> MOZILLA_VRESION, MOZ_FLAVOUR, MOZ_INC, MOZ_LIB, MOZ_LIB_XPCOM,
>>> PREBUILD_MOZAB, SYSTEM_MOZILLA, WITH_MOZILLA), which should all
>>> now be relevant for Windows only, is highly appreciated.
>>>
>> the only option that would stay forever (even after dropping the
>> whole mozilla mess from the build tree) is --with-mozilla-build. It
>> is used for nss to provide some build tools. I suggest to rename
>> this option to --with-nss-build or something like that (without
>> name mozilla in it).
>>

> Am going for it.
thank you for helping out with this!

> --enable-mozilla now means enable mozilla address book driver on windows
i suggest to rename it to --enable-mozab-driver-on-windows or
something like that. It shouldn't be possible to enable this option on
non-Windows platforms.

> --with-mozilla-build will be renamed to --with-nss-build
may be --with-nss-toolbox or --with-nss-build-tools would be more clear?

> --with-nss-build is required on windows if --enable-mozilla is on
> and --with-system-nss is off.
As Stephan pointed out these options are unrelated.
--with-nss-build (aka --with-nss-toolbox, aka --with-mozilla-build) is
always mandatoy.

> Other switches and related variables will be cleaned.

if i am not missing something, we could safely remove all other
mozilla related options: we don't support system-mozilla here, even
not on MinGW,
only in tree seamonkey is supported. And AFAIK we also don't use
prebuilt seamonkey on Windows release machine, right?

So from all options, that Stephan mentioned above, only two should
survive for now:

--with-nss-toolbox (aka --with-mozilla-build)
--enable-mozab-driver-on-windows (aka --enable-mozilla)

David