fdo#51004: some progress and 10 years old bug pending

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Thu Nov 22 18:36:08 PST 2012

Hello

Le Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:46:43 +0100, <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> a écrit:

> Quoting Mat M <matm at gmx.fr>:

>>> the only option that would stay forever (even after dropping the whole
>>> mozilla mess from the build tree) is --with-mozilla-build. It is used
>>> for nss to provide some build tools. I suggest to rename this option
>>> to --with-nss-build or something like that (without name mozilla in
>>> it).
>>>

>> Am going for it.
> thank you for helping out with this!
>
>> --enable-mozilla now means enable mozilla address book driver on windows
> i suggest to rename it to --enable-mozab-driver-on-windows or something
> like that. It shouldn't be possible to enable this option on non-Windows
> platforms.

--enable-win-mozab-driver : as for all options you could set it, but it is
ignored on _os != WINNT
=> so you get either none or internal

What about MinGW when building this ab driver ? Should I use WNT zips ? If
yes, how do we mark as deprecated the other ones ?

Based on the fact we do not build moz now, can someone confirm we could
remove moz/makefile.mk with ooo_mozab and keep moz/zipped/makefile.mk with
moz_unzip ?

>> --with-mozilla-build will be renamed to --with-nss-build
> may be --with-nss-toolbox or --with-nss-build-tools would be more clear?
>
>> --with-nss-build is required on windows if --enable-mozilla is on and
>> --with-system-nss is off.
> As Stephan pointed out these options are unrelated.
> --with-nss-build (aka --with-nss-toolbox, aka --with-mozilla-build) is
> always mandatoy.

 From the Stephan's mail, I conclude --with-system-* are restricted to _os
!= WINNT or _host_os != cygwin.
That I was not aware.

>> Other switches and related variables will be cleaned.
>
> if i am not missing something, we could safely remove all other mozilla
> related options: we don't support system-mozilla here, even not on MinGW,
> only in tree seamonkey is supported. And AFAIK we also don't use
> prebuilt seamonkey on Windows release machine, right?

I already started.

Cleaning makefiles, still....

Regards
--