opinion needed on feature/download

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Tue Nov 27 14:56:33 PST 2012

Hello,

that's me again.

Le Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:44:08 +0100, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> On 27 November 2012 02:18, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
>> Ah. yes, but without setting the BUILDTYPE with a pattern that matches
>> the
>> tar name, how do you trigger the download ?
>
> * the pattern is not important, we don't do any magic and use it
> always explicitly, so:
> GRAPHITE:graphite in prj/build.lst or
> $(call fetch_Optional,GRAPHITE,$(GRAPHITE_TARBALL)) in Makefile.fetch

If BUILD_TYPE does not include GRAPHITE, GRAPHITE_TARBALL is not retrieved.
But I admit I reverted the process by saying "- Add a block to test for
the need of the tarball in configure.ac", because if you want your module
built, then you set the variable, and as a consequence, you get the
tarball.

>>> But their names now must be defined in download.lst.
>>> For mozilla stuff I've used MOZ, for libxmlsec you could use DESKTOP
>>> but it will be needed for build platform anyway (and downloaded)
>>

>> Sure but you did not set BUILD_TYPE next to PREBUILD_MOZAB="YES", so
>> they
>> won't be downloaded, IMO (somewhat related to my previous question, btw)
>
> It's the other way around, they will be downloaded even if we don't
> necessarily need them.
> See BUILD_TYPE="$BUILD_TYPE MOZ" above in configure.
> If PREBUILD_MOZAB == YES then also MOZ is in BUILD_TYPE.

So it is a regression from before where we got them only if we build it.
It is ~10 Mb, which could be saved from bandwith, IMO. Even if not so
large compared to the whole set of tarballs.
Maybe I am too tied to this code I tweaked lately :)

Rant ended with a sigh :))
--
Mat M