opinion needed on feature/download

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 02:44:08 PST 2012

On 27 November 2012 02:18, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
> Ah. yes, but without setting the BUILDTYPE with a pattern that matches the
> tar name, how do you trigger the download ?

* the pattern is not important, we don't do any magic and use it
always explicitly, so:
GRAPHITE:graphite in prj/build.lst or
$(call fetch_Optional,GRAPHITE,$(GRAPHITE_TARBALL)) in Makefile.fetch

* the download is triggered in Makefile.fetch, it does not have to be
optional, see LIBXMLSEC_TARBALL

>> But their names now must be defined in download.lst.
>> For mozilla stuff I've used MOZ, for libxmlsec you could use DESKTOP
>> but it will be needed for build platform anyway (and downloaded)
>

> Sure but you did not set BUILD_TYPE next to PREBUILD_MOZAB="YES", so they
> won't be downloaded, IMO (somewhat related to my previous question, btw)

It's the other way around, they will be downloaded even if we don't
necessarily need them.
See BUILD_TYPE="$BUILD_TYPE MOZ" above in configure.
If PREBUILD_MOZAB == YES then also MOZ is in BUILD_TYPE.

Best,
Matus