enable gio/disable gnome-vfs by default

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Nov 29 03:55:17 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 12:04 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> > I guess gio is proven to truely be stable enough by now.
>
> I was wondering exactly the same the other day, too.  And get rid of the
> code conditional on --enable-gnome-vfs completely?

	Last I looked the only way to do smb locking was using a patched
gnome-vfs of just such a version; of course - ideally GIO would have the
interfaces we need there, but still no action on that front :-)

	Having said that - gnome-vfs created IIRC some horrible disasters wrt.
needing to be initialized in our startup path and worse (not sure if
that got unwound), so I'd be well up for disabling it by default myself.
I imagine it is only present / used on rather old machines.

	ATB,

		Michael.