enable gio/disable gnome-vfs by default

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Nov 29 07:05:54 PST 2012

> Last I looked the only way to do smb locking

(I assume you mean "share modes" that are specified when opening a
file and don't change afterwards, which are unrelated to the normal
(byte range) locks that can be set, tested and removed for (parts of,
or whole) already open files)

> was using a patched gnome-vfs

But didn't they drop that share mode enabling patch from SUSE's
gnome-vfs a long time ago? Does/did any other distro have it? It was a
long time ago that I looked a bit into this mess, and I think that was
what I found out?

---tml