Fwd: solaris/smartos support planned?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Nov 30 12:20:51 PST 2012

Hi there,

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:05 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 30/11/12 15:51, Yaroslav Tarasenko wrote:
> > are there any plans to have solaris port of libreoffice oficially
> > supported?
> > What is the opinion of developers on the topic? Is there a future
> > for solaris/illumos port?
>
> if somebody steps up to do the work, sure why not...

	Of course; last we heard Lanedo was doing some of the work there - and
got it at least running on Solaris/X86 using gcc (which should be the
preferred route going forward).

	No doubt they'd give you some pointers if you wanted to help out with
some hacking there - I believe their latest work was checked into
master; if you want to contract them for support on that platform I'm
sure they'd be interested too :-) I guess the trick is to start the
build and send patches in.

	ATB,

		Michael.