Fwd: solaris/smartos support planned?

Tim Janik tim.janik at lanedo.com
Fri Nov 30 19:19:23 PST 2012

On 30.11.2012 21:20, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 16:05 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> On 30/11/12 15:51, Yaroslav Tarasenko wrote:
>>> are there any plans to have solaris port of libreoffice oficially
>>> supported?
>>> What is the opinion of developers on the topic? Is there a future
>>> for solaris/illumos port?
>> if somebody steps up to do the work, sure why not...
> 	Of course; last we heard Lanedo was doing some of the work there - and
> got it at least running on Solaris/X86 using gcc (which should be the
> preferred route going forward).
>
> 	No doubt they'd give you some pointers if you wanted to help out with
> some hacking there - I believe their latest work was checked into
> master; if you want to contract them for support on that platform I'm
> sure they'd be interested too :-) I guess the trick is to start the
> build and send patches in.

That's all about right.
Due to lack of demand, we've been holding still on the Solaris front
lately, I'm CC:-ing Martyn who should have a better idea about the
latest state here.

--
Yours sincerely,
Tim Janik

---
http://lanedo.com/~timj/ - Managing director at Lanedo GmbH.
Free software author and contributor on various projects.