<can been solved> Very slow cold start due to mass of Spelling Dictionaries

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Oct 4 01:56:43 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-10-03 at 20:06 +0200, Andras Timar wrote:
> 2012/10/3 Fernand Vanrie <sos at pmgroup.be>:
> > The annoying slow cold start is simply due to the mass off Spelling
> > Dictionaries who are standard installed as Extensions.
> LibreOffice will not install all dictionaries by default starting from
> version 3.6.3, so your problem has been solved already.

	I -hope- this also applies only to the first-ever-start after
upgrade :-) every subsequent start should be much faster, so - it's not
so much a cold-start, but a first-start-after-upgrade that is slow. But
as you say it's a shame: should be fixed in 3.6.3.

	It'd be nice if dev-builds had more people building / up-loading -3-6
snapshots I guess :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.