gerrit is missing work in progress feature -- was Re: Change in core[master]: WORK IN PROGRESS gbuildification of jfreereport

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 04:34:07 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM,  <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> wrote:

> The way to go would be to stick with existing gerrit DRAFT feature

No the way to go is to use the self inflicted Review -2
this:
1/ will block buildbot build (which is a good thing in that case)
2/ still allow everybody to view the code, which is a desirable feature
3/ prevent the temptation to spam reviewer (if a reviewer is
interested he will pick-up the patch publicly visible. manually
assigning 'reviewer' should be limited.. think of it as the same as
private messagin on IRC, as far as netiquette goes
4/ make the intention of the uploaded clear
5/ does not pollute the commit message

> (don't forget to add reviewers there, otherwise no one can see it).
> I will describe the DRAFT workflow on our wiki page.

Please don't. This Draft feature is really not that generally
useful... The last thing we want is people start thinking that is is a
'Good Thing'

Norbert