gerrit is missing work in progress feature -- was Re: Change in core[master]: WORK IN PROGRESS gbuildification of jfreereport

d.ostrovsky at idaia.de d.ostrovsky at idaia.de
Thu Oct 4 04:24:40 PDT 2012

Quoting Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM,  <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> wrote:
>> as already discussed on IRC is review -1/-2 completely wrong here
>> (well from my point of view!).
>> Actualy gerrit is missing that WORK IN PROGRESS (WIP) feature.
>
> Fine, when gerrit acquire that feature we will revisit that.

i am afraid this would never happen:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/36091
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/36091/1//COMMIT_MSG

The way to go would be to stick with existing gerrit DRAFT feature
(don't forget to add reviewers there, otherwise no one can see it).
I will describe the DRAFT workflow on our wiki page.

Regards
David