bundled saxon considered harmful

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:57:30 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM,  <d.ostrovsky at idaia.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Quoting David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com>:
>
>> It would be the committer's responsibility to build the extension and
>> continue maintaining the code (if there is anything to maintain there
>> :-) I suppose that unfortunate maintainer is going to be me, unless we
>> decide to put the code in a repo under libreoffice on fd.o; then
>> everyone of us would have access to it (but see the pros and cons in my
>> original email). Of course I welcome volunteers :-)
>>
> Why not use an gerrit project for it?

david, you missed the original email from david tardon, specifically that part:
"
1. a repo on fd.o under libreoffice
[...]
CONS:
* it is somehow tied with libreoffice, so people might expect us to put
  the extension into the install sets (which is what I wanted to avoid in
  the first place :-)
"

so that is why not....

Norbert