[REVEIW 3-6][PUSHED] fix import/export of column widths fdo#55623

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Tue Oct 9 02:21:53 PDT 2012

Hi Markus
On 09/10/12 04:50, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Hey Noel,
>
> 2012/10/4 Noel Power <nopower at suse.com>:
[...]
> please think about cherry-picking
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8e753f8446554822d97969b0c18eba6cb9d79e26
>
> Pushed to 3-6 with my sign-off.
thanks, appreciated :-)
>   However I noticed that we still have a
> problem with default column width. The test file I generated had a
> 64px column width in Excel and after import and export in calc and
> then reimporting into Excel it only had 60 px. So I suspect that we
> have a similar problem there.
hmm, maybe, afaik there are some possible variations in the xml to
produce a 'default' col width, possibly one of those isn't covered, It's
also possible that your test document isn't using a font that is on
linux ( assuming that you are testing the libreoffice side on linux )
Column widths in Excel are measured in units proportional to character
widths ( as determined by the font used by the default style ) If you
are using a font that 'calc' doesn't know about then it will for the
width calculation fallback to some font determined by whatever font
matching mechanism we use ( I suppose we no longer use that crazy font
xml file but use fontconfig these days ) and in that case a column width
on export could be different (especially if the font matched isn't
property metrically equivalent ). In my testing at least I saw the
values were as expected when using font I know exists on my windows and
linux box e.g. using 'Liberation Mono 11 pt' as the font defined for the
'Normal' style. If doing similar and you still see a problem then by all
means open a bug against me and I will try and figure out where it is
going wrong

thanks again
Noel