[REVEIW 3-6][PUSHED] fix import/export of column widths fdo#55623

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:50:16 PDT 2012

Hey Noel,

2012/10/4 Noel Power <nopower at suse.com>:
> It seems that when both importing and exporting xlsx column widths were
> mishandled, so on import the wrong column width was calculated. To make
> things worse when exporting the conversion used strange ( hardcoded fudge )
> calculation. So not only ( even when using same or metrically equiv fonts )
> would the export fail to give the correct result to excel even when reading
> back the exported document the column widths would be different ( and
> smaller ) Hehe if you were patient enough to do enough modify/saves with an
> xlsx document you probably could make your column widths shrink to
> practically nothing
>
> please think about cherry-picking
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8e753f8446554822d97969b0c18eba6cb9d79e26

Pushed to 3-6 with my sign-off. However I noticed that we still have a
problem with default column width. The test file I generated had a
64px column width in Excel and after import and export in calc and
then reimporting into Excel it only had 60 px. So I suspect that we
have a similar problem there.

Regards,
Markus