minutes of ESC call ...

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Oct 17 04:47:43 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:14:18PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> * Meeting organisation / minuting
> 	+ weekly calls ok ?
> 		+ better than async mail.

I'm a much more "written word" person than an "oral" person. In a
meeting where people *speak* (and not write), I often have
difficulties keeping track of what is being discussed. The fact I did
not catch that we were discussing that subject and arrived at a
conclusion of "better than async mail" is just an example to the case
in point :-|

So some kind of *written* medium, be it synchronous or not, would be
preferable for me. I've been assuming I'm a small minority in that
regards, so never brought it up. I've actually been regularly reading
the minutes myself to see if I've missed anything :)

This would *also* bring the problems around "written stuff is logged
and never disappears", so I guess we'll want to keep *some* kind of
oral/speech channel around even if everybody is like me :-(

--
Lionel