Windows installer issue

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Mon Oct 22 16:50:26 PDT 2012

Le Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:49:34 +0200, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> a
écrit:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Mat M <matm at gmx.fr> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I tried to  build an msi with all the 109 languages. It failed
>> (surprisingly
>> ?).
>> Actually, they may be other issues, but the makecab failed with this
>> error:
>> Data-size or file-count exceeded CAB format limits
>> which I could understand, but that's not my point.
>>

> Probably you tried to package a debug build. Luckily we have never met
> this limitation in release builds and/or in en-US debug builds.
Nope. Not even.
Maybe building a 32 bits all langs version on a 64 bits system...
I will try again later.
Which target shall I invoke to relaunch only the packaging (perl scripts
and makecab, etc). Is  instsetoo_native all right or is there
aprerequisite target before ?

>> In the log, I saw many warnings about mis-named variables (mainly typos)
>> which I can't fix because I didn't manage to know where they come from
>> (lost
>> in all .mk files :-/ ).
>> Any pointer welcome.
>
> I don't know, I can only give general pointers, such as 'git grep' or
> opengrok.libreoffice.org. If you sent your build log, I could have
> been more specific. I have not built master on Windows for 2 weeks,
> maybe something has gone wrong since then. Now I'm away from my
> Windows box, I cannot try it now. Your input/bugreports/patches are
> welcome.

I tried opengrok, but following very similar variables through perl
modules is not that easy.
autogen.lastrun is:
--with-max-jobs=4
--with-num-cpus=4
--disable-directx
--disable-binfilter
--without-junit
--disable-build-mozilla
--with-mozilla-build=/cygdrive/c/data/mozilla-build
--with-ant-home=/ant
--disable-odk
--with-windows-sdk-home=/cygdrive/C/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v7.1
--with-dotnet-framework-home=/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft
SDKs/Windows/v6.0A
--disable-atl
--disable-activex
--with-lang=ALL