uno, python scripting, macro management window & user experience

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Oct 29 02:25:16 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 07:13:46PM +0200, Marc Weber wrote:

>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide
> Great - where is the documentation about python?

Here are a few of my bookmarks:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Python
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Python_as_a_macro_language
http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/index.html

>> i assumle you already identified this ressource (IDL reference)
>> http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html

> Now is openoffice still the wiki to be used for libre office?

I don't think so; the documentation guys will probably be more
knowledgeable about stuff like that.

> On Wikipedia (or somewhere else) I've read (...) that for licensing
> reasons its likely that more devs will contribute to libreoffice in
> the future.

That is my/our opinion, yes.

> Then the first thing I'd made explicit is adding the word "LibreOffice"
> to the start page so that everybody knows that its a "common wiki" for
> both projects:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

It is not a common wiki. That's the wiki of Apache OpenOffice, a
"competitor" project.

Something like http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan ?

> I mean I have to know to which wiki to contribute.

> I may even consider contributing to the documentation etc.
> So what would be the way to go? Contribute to both: OO and LO?

> What is the majority on this list doing in such cases?

Well, asking on a LibreOffice mailing list will get you the answer:
contribute to the LibreOffice one, that's what we are doing! :)

--
Lionel