ENABLE_SYMBOLS=true does nothing

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:31:02 PDT 2012

On 10/30/2012 05:27 PM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 of October 2012, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> So, this script can add -g to the CXXFLAGS, but unfortunately the
>> symbols get stripped during linking because of -Wl,-S option passed to
>> the linker.
>>
>> To work around this, I need to find a way to not add this -S option to
>> the linker flag in my wrapper script, but so far I'm a bit lost.  It's
>> easier to add an additional flag but is very hard to remove flag manually.
>>
>> Any clever ideas?
>
>   make CFLAGS='-O -g' CXXFLAGS='-O -g' LDFLAGS=''
>
>   If that doesn't work then I need to fix it.

Well, the idea is to *just* add -g to the flags without modifying any
other flags, and *just* remove -Wl,-S from LDFLAGS without removing
other flags.  Changing other flags will change the generated binaries
which may affect reproducibility of certain bugs and/or performance
profile of the executable, and I'd like to avoid that (if we can).

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc