len() string function in calc

post post at gothensitz.com
Wed Oct 31 00:16:59 PDT 2012

hello,

I have a special request regarding spreadsheet functions.

When importing a string larger than 64k the len() function reports zero
length.

Does a way exist to get a the length of a string larger then 64K?

If I were to paste a string larger than 64K into a cell the cell remains
blank.

Can the next version of Libreoffice handle strings larger than 64K in
calc? Or do the cell in calc have a string limit of 64k built in?

I'm presently using the latest version of Libreoffice: 3.6.3 RC2

Also, do other string functions in Calc have the same or similar limits.

I work with large strings, and sometimes I use calc for string manipulation.