feature/vs2012: testing needed

Noel Grandin noelgrandin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:43:00 PDT 2012

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll have a try about 12 hours from
now (i.e. first thing in the morning for me :-)

On another note, it occurred to me that it might be possible to
simplify the windows build by using the mingw windows header files.
That would eliminate at least one complicated step in the "setting up
a windows build machine" process.