feature/vs2012: testing needed

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Sep 3 11:53:41 PDT 2012

> On another note, it occurred to me that it might be possible to
> simplify the windows build by using the mingw windows header files.

With MSVC? Not a good idea. One main difference between an MSVC build and a
MinGW build is that in a MinGW build some parts of the code (don't exactly
remember what) is not compiled, exactly because the required headers are
not present in MinGW (mingw-w64, actually, and don't let the "64" confuse
you, that is just part of the project name, does not indicate bitness in
the LO case).

> That would eliminate at least one complicated step

Surely installing the Windows SDK is not complicated.

--tml