valgrinding with python stuff active

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Fri Sep 7 15:49:09 PDT 2012

Sorry, I didn't get the point about G_SLICE or the Stephan's commit.
For a beginner like me, what must I change/add to this line:
valgrind --tool=memcheck --num-callers=50 --trace-children=yes ./soffice.bin
2>&1 | tee /tmp/valgrind.log

so I get no false positive with Python and/or Java?

I read this:
"
By default LibreOffice uses a custom memory allocator, so valgrind won't be
able to give full results unless this is disabled, disable it at runtime
with...

$ export G_SLICE=always-malloc
"
on this page http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug
but what about if custom memory allocator is bugged? (BTW why do we use
this? Historical reason?) Wouldn't Valgrind be helpful to detect it?

I'm a bit lost here :-(

Julien