valgrinding with python stuff active / no more false positives with valgrind 3.7?

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Sat Sep 8 02:00:59 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

On 09/08/2012 12:49 AM, julien2412 wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't get the point about G_SLICE or the Stephan's commit.
> For a beginner like me, what must I change/add to this line:
> valgrind --tool=memcheck --num-callers=50 --trace-children=yes ./soffice.bin
> 2>&1 | tee /tmp/valgrind.log
>
> so I get no false positive with Python and/or Java?

Since upgrading my system valgrind no longer gives false positives.
I'm pretty certain I didn't change any build options when changing
system: I switched from an older 64 bit release of ubuntu to fedora 17
(released in May 2012, i.e. pretty modern).

valgrind --version: valgrind-3.7.0

autogen.lastrun:
--without-help
--without-myspell-dicts
--with-max-jobs=4
--with-num-cpus=4
--without-junit
--enable-dbus

gcc --version: gcc (GCC) 4.7.0 20120507 (Red Hat 4.7.0-5)
python --version: Python 2.7.3 (That's the system python, I think the
internal one is used though?)

Hope this is helpful. Could it be that valgrind now knows how to deal
with python?

Cheers,

Andrzej