Is there easy way to find unused .idl files ?

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:20:41 PDT 2012

On 20 September 2012 13:01, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
>> And I wonder if there is an easy way how to tell, they can be removed.
>> For files added with gb_UnoApi_add_idlfile_noheader, one probably have
>> to grep in the code.
>
> technically all of those are "unused" because they are mere
> documentation.  but that documentation is still nice to have :)
>
> well, Noel is currently working on converting these to the less-unused
> new-style services...

So, it seems, he is almost done in oovbaapi :-)
But there are more interfaces like services.
And I have often seen (unused ?) constants in there.
In files without license part like oovbaapi/ooo/vba/access/AcCloseSave.idl

> my opinion is that while there are probably a few more useless relics
> like ProductRegistration, IDL removal requires a case-by-case review anyway.

Well, I guess it's better to suppose they are mostly used and let it be :-)
It's not that long to build udkapi, offapi and oovbaapi.
And this whole UNO .idl thing is quite mysterious to me.

Thanks,
Matus