crash in headless/hidden mode when loading fdo#61305-1.docx

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 06:33:10 PDT 2013

On 04/02/2013 02:50 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>> The line that throws the exception is: ENSURE_ARG_OR_THROW(
>> bHasXRender == true, "SpriteCanvas::SpriteCanvas: No RENDER
>> extension" );
>>
>> Do you have an idea how to fix this? I sadly have no clue about
>> canvas or the new style uno services so I'm a bit lost here.
>>
> So this _should_ normally catch the exception in
> canvas/source/factory/cf_service.cxx and simply try a different
> canvas that might actually work within the constraints. Also doing
> bitmap rendering probably does not require the spritecanvas service,
> but com.sun.star.rendering.Canvas should do.

Another fallout from
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=31170413ae3786bf44564e813d7291354e939a77>
"API CHANGE: com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException."

Addressed now with
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=67d724e46579462d906477f52cf7919338bab834>
"Adapt code to IllegalArgumentException being a RuntimeException."

Stephan