LibreOffice-SDK for MinGW

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Apr 3 08:46:27 PDT 2013

Hi Helmar,

Helmar Spangenberg píše v Po 01. 04. 2013 v 13:20 +0200:

> is it possible to create the sdk package on the nightly builds for MinGW?
>
> On my system (SuSE 12.3 / x86-64) with the actual mingw packages I run into
> big problems.
> To get LO compiled I had to do some code adjustments (in case you are
> interested, I will send them later); I managed to get the compiled LO run
> under wine and windows. However, the sdk worked only as long as I did not
> contact LO, it seems that there are some problems transfering the control
> structures to the environment.

Oh wow, you are brave! :-)  I guess nobody yet got that far that he /
she would try to build the SDK & even use that for something useful.

> I suspect, the MinGW threads in my environment do something horrible to the
> data;in a debug session I can see, something probably reasonable is
> transferred, but later, trying to use the data, ends aup with a crash.
> I mean "reasonable" since it was once possible to control LO remotely - I must
> have had a constellation of the memory which kept the structures untouched.
> But as soon I changed the code adding functions or other stuff, everything
> crashed.

So far the MinGW build is still a very experimental thing; I mostly use
that when I develop something Windows-only because I can still keep my
workflow, but as the binaries built with the MinGW SDK will be
incompatible with the LibreOffice release builds, I am not sure it makes
much sense to invest effort in that at this stage.

But probably you have same special need why you are doing this - can you
please tell me what is your goal?

Either way - thanks for looking into this! :-)

All the best,
Kendy