unit test failure in forms module, something do with com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Thu Apr 4 03:15:59 PDT 2013

On 2013-04-04 12:04, Noel Power wrote:
> yup, I've looked and you're right, nothing implementing that, question
> is where is the "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText" comming from, is
> it something injected from the test code or test document or... ?

It seems to be coming from the forms unit test code in forms/qa, but how
exactly I'm not sure since I have no idea how to debug the java code
that is driving the test.

>  since the text "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText" for the service
> exists ( but is unused ) it would appear it either used to be there in
> the past ( and has been removed for some reason ) or in was intended
> for future support? That bring back the issue of the failing test, is
> this new ( or a resurrected ) test, can't see how it could have worked
> previously ( unless something has been removed recently )

I'm not sure. I run the tests religiously, since I use them to catch
problems in my UNO conversion work, and this one started failing
somewhere in the last couple of weeks.