unit test failure in forms module, something do with com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Apr 4 03:04:46 PDT 2013

On 03/04/13 13:19, Noel Grandin wrote:
> Using GDB, I find that something in the unit test code is passing an
> awt::XControlModel UNO object to SvxShapeControl::setControl()
> That XControlModel is returning "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText"
> when called like this:
>  beans::XPropertySet::getPropertyValue("DefaultControl")
>
> Grepping through the source code,
> "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText" is only found in
>    forms/source/inc/services.hxxx
> but the global constants declared there are not used anywhere else
> (confirmed by removing them and rebuilding).
>
> Nothing seems to actually implement this service.
yup, I've looked and you're right, nothing implementing that, question
is where is the "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText" comming from, is
it something injected from the test code or test document or... ?

On 03/04/13 13:57, Noel Grandin wrote:
> On 2013-04-03 14:33, Thomas Arnhold wrote:
>
> If the
>    "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText"
> service followed the same pattern as the other
>   "com.sun.star.form.control.*"
> services, I would expect to find a class called "OFixedTextControl"
> inside the file
>     forms/source/component/FixedText.cxx
  since the text "com.sun.star.form.control.FixedText" for the service
exists ( but is unused ) it would appear it either used to be there in
the past ( and has been removed for some reason ) or in was intended for
future support? That bring back the issue of the failing test, is this
new ( or a resurrected ) test, can't see how it could have worked
previously ( unless something has been removed recently )

Noel