Fwd: GSoC 2013

shruti gupta shruti22011991 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 08:19:15 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I am a third year undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Information
Systems. I am interested to work with LibreOffice for GSoC 2013.

I have worked on Probabilistic Graphical Models with RooStats(CERN), for
Google Summer of Code - 2012. The project consisted of construction and
sampling of Bayesian Belief Networks. The code was in C++.

I had taken up a formal course in Software Development for Portable Devices
at my institution. The major component of this course was Android
application development. As a semester project, I also developed an app for
a travel startup. The app currently uses local server and the companies
algorithms. It has to be ported on their server. The basic version of the
app is ready, with few customizations required to be launched.
Currently I am working on a team project on Wireless Network Management
System, where my part is related with making the front-end user application
for the system. It is a client-server application project.

I am also experienced with UI design with Java, and am interested in doing
a project in the same.

I am really interested in Android Application Development. I have gone
through the list of projects provided on GSoC-2013 Ideas page. I am
interested in the following projects:

   - User Interface Projects (esp. the Start Center, Dialog Widget
   Conversion and Revamp the gallery tool)
   - Improved Android / Impress Remote Control

My skill set includes: C/C++, Java, basic Python, Android Application
Development.
Currently, I am going through the pointers provided. It would be great if
anyone could provide insights on the same that could be helpful towards better
execution of the project.

Thank you .
Shruti.