claims of python unit test un-debugability considered somewhat exaggerated

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Wed Apr 10 12:13:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 10:35 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > Works like a charm here on OpenSUSE 12.3 too, with system python3.3:
>
> [...snip...]
>
> Good to hear.
>
> FWIW there are some more notes on how I made the debugging "just work"
> on Fedora here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EasierPythonDebugging
> if you're looking to do the same for your distro.
>
> Hope this is helpful

yes, indeed! I've found the missing package on OpenSUSE:
python3-devel-debuginfo, which contains the libpython.py and updated the
wiki correspondingly.

The only question is now, how to skip the manual sourcing of
libpython.py? If i understand it right, it happens automagically on
Fedora?

Here, only after
source /usr/share/gdb/python/gdb/libpython.py

(gdb) py-list
and friends are available.

Thanks
David