minutes of ESC call ...

Fernand Vanrie sos at pmgroup.be
Thu Apr 11 14:26:37 PDT 2013

Op 11/04/2013 19:44, Michael Meeks schreef:
> On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 19:25 +0200, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
>> Many weeks ago, the Mysql Native Connector was a "Pending Action" on
>> the  ESC call ...with a solution in view,  but since: no news
> 	No idea who was working on that.
>
> 	IIRC it is a matter of either encouraging someone to re-compile the
> extension, -or- just installing the legacy stlport DLL on the system
> [ IIRC ].
>
>> MySQL connectivity is a  big issue for many users, or they  stay with LO
>> 3.6 or they have to go for aOO 4.0 who has a fine working Connector ?
> 	IIRC someone was working on a new connector using the (compatible)
> MariaDB connector library that has a sensible license that we can
> distribute built-in [ which would be ideal ].
>
> 	Not sure of the progress of any of that though, if you're interested -
> it's worth keeping note of whomever was doing the work so you can poll
> them later - can you dig all of that out of the archives and follow up ?

ESC call 2012-12-07
* LGPL / mariadb mysql client library (Lionel) + identical C / client
API: http://openquery.com/blog/mariadb-client-libraries-end-duallicensing
+ need a compatible C++ API / wrapper for existing code to work or mysql
connector needs re-writing
  + that wrapper is useful - bringing us to a JDBC interface +
volunteer(s) to help out here appreciated.

ESC call 2013-01-24
* MySQL connector compat issues (Sweetshark, 15:51:39)
  * comments on the bugs: recompile against 4.0 for stlport drop
(Sweetshark, 15:52:38)
* who releases, publishes that? TDF would host, if someone would build?
Thorsten: maybe not even then, needs further resaerch. (Sweetshark,
15:54:57)
* ACTION: Thorsten looking into the MySQL stuff (Sweetshark, 15:56:53)

ESC call 2013-02-07
+ STLPort removal - release-note: Document dropping the DLL and the VS
run-time on the system in the release-notes (Fridrich) + German
translators have special data for Duden too (nice!)
+ MySQL connector - can/will/where to ship it (Lionel) + just needs to
be re-compiled vs. not having stlport + needs a volunteer to do that.