Summer of Code projects

Tobia Tesan tobia.tesan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:09:39 PDT 2013

Hi Miklos, thank you for taking time to reply.

Il 15/04/2013 10.20, Miklos Vajna ha scritto:
>> The big, fat disclaimer: I have real world programming experience with small and medium projects and I'm a reasonably good student (my grades are around 95/100 - or, roughly, I'm in the top 5%)
> Was any of those a C++ project?

Alas, not.

However, I do have commercial experience with various OOP languages
(Perl and Python, Java) and I have taken C++-based classes which
consisted mostly of [sadism with pointers and aliases + proofs of
correctness] where I distinguished myself.

I assume I could be able to fill the gaps between "real world Java" and
"college C++" with some help from manuals and tutorials before starting.

Wishful thinking?

> Sure! As long as you have fairly decent C++ knowledge, you should not
> worry, mentors will help you get bootstrapped. I knew nothing about the internal API's etc in 2010, still could complete a project successfully.

That's awesome to hear.

> So, try to solve an EasyHack, that is needed anyway to be eligible,
> better to do it now, instead of during the last weekend in a rush before the deadline. :-)

Right, tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna clone the source and try one out.
Do I just post a git diff as suggested by the Wiki for the time being?
Do I need to worry about duplicating someone else's effort?

Thank you a lot!

--
Tobia Tesan
<tobia.tesan at gmail.com>