Removing C++ SDK examples, clearly encouraging Python extensions

Olivier R. olivier.noreply at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:25:10 PDT 2013

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens wrote
> I wonder - would much of the pain be gone if stdout/stderr would be
> working?

Yes.

Thorsten Behrens wrote
>  editbin /subsystem:console soffice.exe

It opens a console while LO is running but nothing is displayed there.
No error displayed, and “print” does nothing either.

Thorsten Behrens wrote
> PyUno itself has various checks for a DEBUG
> variable, I wonder if that could not be controlled via config.

Modifying DEBUG variables in Python scripts does not help there.
Even setting LOG_STDOUT to False  in pythonscript.py writes nothing in
user/Scripts/python/log.txt.

Thorsten Behrens wrote
> If you would be willing to hack on improving our windows story here,
> I'd be glad to help with code pointers.

I’m afraid that hacking LO is beyond my reach.

Regards,
Olivier