Removing C++ SDK examples, clearly encouraging Python extensions

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Apr 16 01:42:39 PDT 2013

>>  editbin /subsystem:console soffice.exe

> It opens a console while LO is running but nothing is displayed there.
> No error displayed, and “print” does nothing either.

Needed also for soffice.bin . (I don't recall, but it might be that
editbin doesn't believe a file called .bin is an exectuable, so you
might need to temporarily rename soffice.bin to foo.exe, run editbin
on it, and rename back.)

We could just add a few lines of code to a suitable place that would
make all our programs automatically show stdout and stderr in the
console shell if they are started from a such, on Windows. Something
like this, off the top of my memory:

if (_get_osfhandle (fileno (stdout)) != -1 &&
    _get_osfhandle (fileno (stderr)) != -1 ) {
  // stdout and stderr are fine, either this is a console program or
  // both have been redirected to a file.
} else {
  if (AttachConsole (ATTACH_PARENT_PROCESS)) {
    if (_get_osfhandle (fileno (stdout)) == -1)
      freopen ("CONOUT$", "w", stdout);
    if (_get_osfhandle (fileno (stderr)) == -1)
      freopen ("CONOUT$", "w", stderr);
  }
}

--tml