[Libreoffice-qa] Enhancements - Getting User Input

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 09:12:53 PDT 2013

On 16/04/13 15:04, Robinson Tryon wrote:
>> > If they wanted to work on them, they would work on
>> > them independently on the voting results.
>> >
> Hmm... I imagine that some of the volunteers might like a little
> guidance as to what bugs/issues are most affecting our users right
> now?

Or, like me, they have very definite ideas on what they want to do.

I'm trying hard to work on the database (but a sick wife doesn't make
life easy :-)

I've also got very definite ideas about what I'd like to see in LO that
I can't really tackle (a "reveal codes" screen a la WordPerfect).

I agree with others - the only way you could really get this to work is
for a company to sponsor it and agree to pay for the selected enhancements.

The other way to allow people to vote is to have a bounty system - but
that's not fair to volunteers either, as chances are they won't get paid
for adding enhancements important to them.

Cheers,
Wol