Basic font for labels in a Base form

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:21:16 PDT 2013

On 04/16/2013 02:05 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 10:43:30AM -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
>>       Edit a Base form using LibreOffice 4.0.2.2 (32 bit Debian).
>> Control+right click a label in the form. Select Control from the
>> context menu. Click the elliplse ( ... ) for the Font property.
>> Click the Font tab in the Character dialog.
>>        Why is it that the Family font listed contains eight different
>> fonts as the "(Default)" font? "Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer
>>> Basic Fonts" permits me to select my fonts and font sized that I
>> want to use. Why does Base ignore these selections?
>>       Observation: LibreOffice 4.0.2.1 64 bit Debian uses the fonts I
>> selected in "Tools > Options > LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts".
> I don't know, and your reproductions instructions are not detailed
> enough for me to understand. If there is a bug, I'd be glad to
> understand it (our bugzilla is the best place for discussing bugs) and
> review/commit a patch fixing it.

      Edit a Base form. Click one of the controls and then click the
Control tool which opens the Properties dialog. Go down to the Font
property. Click the ellipse to its right to open the Character dialog.
For 4.0.2.2 (64 bit), the family font is Liberation Sans which is what I
selected as mentioned above. However, for 4.0.2.2 (32 bit), the Font
Property shows "(Default)". Clicking its ellipse, I opened the Character
dialog. In the Font tab, I saw this as the font family (I copied this
from the dialog):
Segoe UI;Tahoma;Arial Unicode MS;Lucida Sans Unicode;DejaVu Sans;Albany
AMT;Albany;Arial;Nimbus Sans L;Interface
User;Geneva;Dialog;Lucida;Helvetica;Helmet;Interface System;Sans Serif.
      Additional comment: Below the font family list was this quote:
"This font has not been installed. The closest available font will be used."

--Dan