patch for postgresql driver

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 13:24:03 PDT 2013

On 16/04/13 20:28, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 03:16:25PM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
>> The attached patch is not in logerrit (I've yet to set that up), and
>> there's an error in it so I'm hoping someone can help. It does a TODO in
>> the file, but I can't get my argument casting right - in the original
>> code, matchIgnoreAsciiCaseAsciiL wraps its argument in
>> RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM. This is defined in sal/inc/rtl/string.h and
>> passes both the string and its length. So me removing it is obviously a
>> mistake, but it's got some integrity checking in there and I just can't
>> get it to pass that.
>
> RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM is a hack/optimisation specific to
> compile-time constants. With your change, the string is not anymore a
> compile-time constant, so just use
>
>  equalsIgnoreAsciiCaseAscii()

Thanks! I think that's got it working!

I'm puzzled that it's not a compile-time constant - I tried

    static const char* const keyword_list[] = {

without success, too. Bearing in mind it's never going to change forcing
it to const makes sense, but hey, if it works ...

As soon as LO has built successfully, I'll sort out the patch and ask
someone to test it :-)

I've got a system that's almost ready to use as a dev system on which to
put postgreSQL, mariadb, etc etc but I need to find time ... :-)

Cheers,
Wol