Master branch now requires liborcus 0.5.0 or higher.

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Mon Apr 22 13:14:50 PDT 2013

Le Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:55:55 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> a écrit:

[Big snip of stuff that flies way over my head :-)]
>> > Finally, let me encourage you to become/stay a 'build expert'
>> yourself at least
>> > to the point that you can judge if adding yet another
>> feature/scenario to the
>> > build system will introduce new complexity(*).
>>
>> meh... we can't demand everybody become a build expert :)
>
> I dont think having everyone tweaking on it would be a good thing even,
> but
> enough of an idea about it to have a basic opinion on what to do and
> what not
> is a good think IMHO.

One of the main tool for that is documentation. Although we have long
command names, it is not obvious for everyone what each function is
supposed to do (means, at least what it returns, what will be fed by the
eval).
A glossary of the functions and a pointer to a Good Use(tm) of it in an
existing makefile may help a lot.

My 2 cents

--
Mat M