Master branch now requires liborcus 0.5.0 or higher.

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Apr 22 16:54:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:14:50PM +0200, Mat M wrote:
> One of the main tool for that is documentation. Although we have
> long command names, it is not obvious for everyone what each
> function is supposed to do (means, at least what it returns, what
> will be fed by the eval).
> A glossary of the functions and a pointer to a Good Use(tm) of it in
> an existing makefile may help a lot.

At least in solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk has some 10% comments, but those are
already very deep in the details. For an overview, there are these old blog
posts:

 http://sweetshark.livejournal.com/3571.html

and the old migration help (might be outdated, but maybe help you get an idea):

 http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Module_Migration
 http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Module_Migration_Tips
 http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/Gbuild_Bootstrapping
 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Build_System#Create_new_gnu_make_class

and some templates in:

 solenv/gbuild/templates/

however those might be outdated a bit too already by now (although last touched
2012-07, not as bad as I feared).

as for "what does this function", if you have a:

$(eval $(call gb_Library_Library,foo))

somewhere, just copy the line and replace the eval with info:

$(info $(call gb_Library_Library,foo))

shows what the "function" expands to.

Best,

Bjoern