Creating extensions for LibreOffice Calc

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 5 01:34:43 PDT 2013

Hi there

Is there any source of information specifically for developing Calc
extensions to LibreOffice? I found the following page, but nothing
relating to LibreOffice. Can we start something new on the wiki, perhaps?
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development

Is there a pure C API for LibreOffice extensions, so that we can freely
use any C/C++ compiler and not have to use one that is ABI compatible
with the one used to compile LibreOffice? Or how does this work, noting
comments given here:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_best_practices#Programming_Language_.26_Environment

Is there any place where a trivial C-language Calc extension for
LibreOffice is maintained, eg as part of regular unit testing work?

What would it take to adapt XLW (http://xlw.sfnet) so that it can build
both Excel and LibreOffice extensions from unified source code, at least
for very simple Calc extensions? The project I'm looking to port to
LibreOffice is freesteam, which calculates steam properties for
different pressure, temperature, etc: http://freesteam.sourceforge.net.

I will happily document your kind replies in the LibreOffice wiki.

Cheers
JP