Creating extensions for LibreOffice Calc

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 08:44:56 PDT 2013

On 08/05/2013 10:34 AM, John Pye wrote:
> Is there any source of information specifically for developing Calc
> extensions to LibreOffice? I found the following page, but nothing
> relating to LibreOffice. Can we start something new on the wiki, perhaps?
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development

Most of the information at api.openoffice.org and udk.openoffice.org is
still also relevant for LibreOffice, e.g., the chapter on Calc from the
Developer's Guide at
<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide>.

> Is there a pure C API for LibreOffice extensions, so that we can freely
> use any C/C++ compiler and not have to use one that is ABI compatible
> with the one used to compile LibreOffice? Or how does this work, noting
> comments given here:
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_best_practices#Programming_Language_.26_Environment

There is no real plain C UNO environment, just C++, Java, Python, .Net.

Stephan