Creating extensions for LibreOffice Calc

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 5 18:05:39 PDT 2013

Hi Stephan

Thanks for the suggestions. I found the following pages after a bit of
searching:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Add-In/CompleteAddIn
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/SimpleCalcAddIn

These pages were in the Developer's Guide, but they're essentially
useless as 'howto' information for a new hacker:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheets/Spreadsheet_Add-Ins
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sheet/AddIn.html

The above AddIn examples haven't been updated for LibreOffice 4. But
I'll see how I go.

If there is not plain C UNO environment, that means that we need to
compile add-ins using the same C++ compiler as the UNO libraries were
compiled with. What compiler is that, in the case of binary releases of
LO for Windows? Is it MinGW-w64, or something else?

Cheers
JP