OSX NSAccessibility VoiceOver adjustments for 4.0.5 RC2 and 4.1.1 RC1

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 10:05:17 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu> wrote:
> Giving this a bump.
>
> So Lubos, you've taken for review everything looking good?  Norbert?
>
> Sure would like to see this make the 4.0.5 RC2 cut, if ready it is worth the
> extra effort.
>
> None the less, I really hope we can give Boris the welcome he deserves,
> including any assistance he needs on navigating CodeReview and packaging of
> patches.  He may be new to LO but has a proven track record with
> NSAccessibility for OSX.

OK so
1/ Yes Boris is doing a good job, and I for one does not hold is 'new'
status against him at all, quite the contrary, I'm very pleased that
he decided to tackle some of these Accessibility issues.
I actually worked with him last week-end to get his patch committed.

2/ I am no Accessibility expert, heck not even an amateur on the
topic. The reason I have not acted here is that
the requirement is to push a patch that lubos cherry picked, which is
not 'trivial' to me, hence I don't feel competent to claim it is OK.

3/ there are enough approval to get it through 4-0 and 4-1, but
getting things in a RC branch hours prior tagging is another matter.
I certainly have nothing against that particular patch, and I'll
gladly defer to the opinion of people more informed than me on the
topic.

Norbert