[GSOC] iOS Impress remote app weekly report

Siqi Liu me at siqi.fr
Tue Aug 13 04:50:59 PDT 2013

Hello all,

Here is what I've done during the past week:

* The theme of the iOS app has been tuned to stay coherent with iOS7 UI
guidelines (or almost) on previous versions of iOS.

* The app has been tested and adjusted accordingly on iOS7 with actual
devices for iPad and simulator for iPhone. This will assure a smooth
transition to iOS7 in future releases.

 * The app support three languages now, namely en, fr and zh-hans (need
some verification for the translation of course). I'm also interested to
know how the LO-translation system works? As filmsi has pointed
out<http://siqi43.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/a-slightly-flattened-version-of-ios-impress-remote/comment-page-1/#comment-42>
that
this app will finally go through the .po files used internally in LibO. I
would like to know how can I integrate it with iOS localization system.

* The iOS5 support for storyboard localization is really poor in my view...
it basically consists of copy-paste storyboards and thus one change in a
storyboard will not be propagated to other storyboards accordingly. For
that effect, I've used a python script to run alongside the build system to
sync all storyboards based on the English one. This requires updates in
build settings if anyone else is interested in building the app on their
machines.

* In summary, the app has been tested on iOS5, 6, 7 with localization to a
certain extent. I will try my best to maintain maximum compatibility for
now and consider dropping iOS5 support after iOS7's release.

I'm currently working on the Bonjour support for Windows as I can finally
build it on my windows machine.

Cheers,
Siqi
--
--------

Cordialement,
Siqi LIU

Étudiant Ingérieur, Université de Technologie de Compiègne
Vice-Président de l'association robotique UTCoupe
Responsable d'atelier de ClubChine

------
  Tel. +33 7 61 16 95 83
  email: me at siqi.fr