eot embedded fonts

Brennan T Vincent brennanv at email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 26 21:23:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

One of the most commonly-occurring problems with .pub import is the fact
that we don't respect embedded fonts. Now that LibreOffice supports
embedded fonts, it should be possible to make this work.

A few questions:

(1) Do we support Embedded OpenType fonts currently? (.eot)

(2) If not (which I suspect), I can contribute some code to do this.
Microsoft and Monotype recently granted a perpetual, irrevocable free
patent and copyright license to implement the .eot format, so there should
be no legal issues. I have written a C library to convert from .eot to .ttf
and would like to know who to talk to in order to get this included in
LibreOffice.

I can provide more details if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Brennan (2012 former gsoc student and main author of .pub import filter)