eot embedded fonts

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Aug 27 00:15:09 PDT 2013

Hi Brennan,

Brennan T Vincent píše v Po 26. 08. 2013 v 21:23 -0700:

> One of the most commonly-occurring problems with .pub import is the
> fact that we don't respect embedded fonts. Now that LibreOffice
> supports embedded fonts, it should be possible to make this work.
>
> A few questions:
>
> (1) Do we support Embedded OpenType fonts currently? (.eot)
>
> (2) If not (which I suspect), I can contribute some code to do this.
> Microsoft and Monotype recently granted a perpetual, irrevocable free
> patent and copyright license to implement the .eot format, so there
> should be no legal issues. I have written a C library to convert
> from .eot to .ttf and would like to know who to talk to in order to
> get this included in LibreOffice.

This is so cool, thanks for that! :-)  Lubos [CC'd] has implemented the
font embedding, and actually impossibility of reading .eot was blocking
the PPTX font embedding implementation.  He has invested some time into
reading .eot, but did not finish that IIRC.

> I can provide more details if anyone is interested.

That would be awesome - where does the code of your library live,
please?  Are you willing to do the LibreOffice integration part
yourself? - Lubos would provide you with the code pointers in that case.

All the best,
Kendy