Making deb from libreoffice source on Debian Wheezy

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Aug 27 12:58:05 PDT 2013

On 27/08/13 21:10, Krunoslav Šebetić wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cloned git this morning and can't make debs from source,
> './autogen.sh' and 'make' do their job fine, but 'make deb-pkg' doesn't
> work, 'checkinstall' also fails to build the pacages. I would like to
> make deb files so I could install cloned git in parallel with 4.0.5, not
> the other way around, I wont 4.0.5 installed normally and 4.2 do as
> parallel installation.
>
> I can install 4.2 with 'make install' but don't know how to remove
> libreoffice installed with 'make install'|| ones I decide to clone new
> version from git. This also forces me to have 4.0.5 as parallel
> installation instead as primary installation.
>
> So - how to make deb (like one downloadable from libreoffice web site)
> so I can install 4.2 in parallel with 4.0.5?

the general idea is to use --with-package-format=deb but if you say that
doesn't work for you you can also use --with-package-format=archive
which results in a most convenient tarball (but no system integration
i.e. no desktop menus/mime-type registrations) or even
--with-package-format=rpm (easily installable even on Debian based
distros but also without system integration).