Making deb from libreoffice source on Debian Wheezy

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:04:13 PDT 2013

Hi *,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Krunoslav Šebetić <kruno0407 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I cloned git this morning and can't make debs from source, './autogen.sh'
> and 'make' do their job fine, but 'make deb-pkg' doesn't work,
> 'checkinstall' also fails to build the pacages. I would like to make deb
> files

The build system creates deb/rpm using epm utility. So you have to
enable epm (--enable-epm to use version that is built when compiling
libreoffice, alternatively you can also use system wide installed epm,
given it is recent enough and has the fixes that were created by
OOo/LO)
--with-packageformat then can be used to set what package types you
want. you can select both rpm and deb (if you have both rpmbuild as
well as the dpkg tools installed), or just one.

If you really want deb files similar to those distributed on the
libreoffice website, you should use --with-distro=LibreOfficeLinux
- that sets almost all the switches used for the release builds
(mainly not using system libraries, explicitly enable some features,
explicitly disable others)

If you only want debs, then --enable-epm and --with-package-format=deb
is enough.

ciao
Christian