fdo69552 backward compatibility with optional arguments in calc functions

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Tue Dec 3 00:52:04 PST 2013

Hi Eike,

>Actually the risk is quite low, as every release would introduce
>a self-maintained state. To shorten things the final cut could be done
>at every step if the sequence turned out to be unmaintainable.

You obviously have thought about it more than I have ;)

>Fortunately we do have some time now for 4.3 to think things over. I'm
>not clinging to my proposal but I think it's best for the users
>who exchange documents.

I shall have a look at the code and see if your stepped approach is easy to
apply. Also, I shall have a look if and how this has effect on the Excel 2010 functions
CEILING.PRECISE, ISO.CEILING and FLOOR.PRECISE.

Where would be a good place to put the 'to Do list' (planned changes per release per function)?
In the code, in a wiki, which file/page?

Winfried